Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sneak Peek of wedding quilt

My niece, Jennifer, asked all of her female family members and friends to make a crazy quilt square for her, to be sewn together and quilted, for her wedding.  Jennifer chose the color palette and size of the squares, and I'm in charge of the final layout and quilting. I've collected all the squares, and I'm working through sewing them all together.  Each quilt square will have the name of the person who sewed it, embroidered on a label in the corner (Jennifer's Aunt Barbara was in charge of the embroidered labels; I'm just attaching them).  I thought I would tease you what the quilt will look like:

I still need to get 7 more squares to make one more column, but this is a potential final layout.

Here is one square with the embroidered label and frame sewn on.  Each square will have the light blue frame, and then the rows and columns will be separated by a white border.

I will be able to get the quilt top finished by the time of the wedding, so all family members can see it.  This is a really fun, family project, and I can't wait to get it all quilted!

Enjoy the day, and Happy Sewing!



No comments: